Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Creating Life

The project is all about finding sound that exists in our world and compositing is together to create a new sound. Life. The goal was to take the sounds and create the harmonies of a new life form.

For my creature, I chose to take sounds of water and earth movie, vibrations and pulses and create a life form that exists within his environment. I focused on the idea that like a bat underwater, it would use sonic resonances to see and move, to kill and trap.

For my sounds I used: bubble blown in milk, earthquakes, fire crackling, stone grinding, a submarine resurfacing, a deep see diver and running water. I spent a lot of time changing the pitches, adding reverbs and flangers, as well as reversing and inversing the tones.

Here is my new life in its environment.

No comments: