Thursday, February 7, 2008

The Cycle

The project was to experiment with a new type of audio software to produce an audio work. The audio software that I chose was a program called "Audio Paint". At first it seemed pretty easy just to import an image to create an audio work, but later I found that during the process, it took some time to figure out exactly how the program worked. By ordering a group of images and then reading specific variables of the images such as color or hue, saturation and brightness I was able to manipulate the way the sound progressed. I tried a variety of images but I wanted to create something a little more conceptual with the way the program worked. So I created a series of images whose content progress from early life to death. I called the work "the cycle" as I was trying to create an idea of progression. If you listen carefully, you can hear the changes from phases and times of life as it were. The outcome is pretty spacey, but I rather liked that because it reminded me of perhaps someone non human trying to understand out images.

Here's the image that I used to create my work!



Here's the work, titled "The Cycle"

No comments: